Between House o Orange Au Pairs Belgium, her host families, her Au Pairs, and her agents. House o Orange Au Pairs Belgium is registered at De Loock 22, 2970 Schilde under KBO/BTW number BE0766927827.
Your personal data is in safe hands
If we start working for you to find an Au Pair for your family, or a host family for you as an Au Pair or agent, we do this based on data. We believe it is important that you know what we do with your personal data and what your rights are so that you can rest assured that your data is in good hands with us and that it is treated securely, discreetly, and carefully stored where necessary.
What data are we talking about?
- Name and address details
- Your telephone number(s)
- Your e-mail address(es)
- Your skype address(es)
- Your social security number(s)
- The dates of birth of you and your family members
- A copy of your passport or ID and when applicable your residence permit and / or of your partner
- BRP extract (host family)
- Evidence of income data of you and / or your partner (host family)
- Photos of you, your family, your children, your home, and surroundings and possibly the Au Pair room (host family)
- Photos of you with friends, during activities, with family, etc. (Au Pair)
- References and interview report (Au Pair)
- Relevant diploma’s (Au Pair)
- Copy of your driving license if applicable (Au Pair)
- Medical data and statements (Au Pair)
- Your CV where applicable
What do we use your data for?
We use your data to:
- To enter and carry out an agreement with you
- Perform a search on your behalf
- Identify your needs and preferences
- Create a profile of you
- Obey the law
- Submit a visa application for you
- Keep a record of how and when we have contact with you
Which contact moments do we record?
The status as a recognized sponsor means that House o Orange Au Pairs must always meet certain conditions. This concerns the collection of relevant information and the obligation to keep it, providing information to you and your Au Pair about the Au Pair program in Belgium in accordance with the laws and regulations and the associated rights and obligations, reporting relevant changes and ensuring that laws and regulations must be violated.
We record every moment of contact we have with you, including:
- Letters and emails that we send to and receive from you.
- Phone calls, virtual calls and chats we have with you.
- Our contact via social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and other channels.
- Reports of our personal interviews such as intakes and evaluations.
House o Orange Au Pairs Belgium is responsible
We are responsible for the proper processing of your personal data and for the storage of your data in accordance with laws and regulations.
From whom do we receive your data and with whom do we share it?
- We usually receive your data from you, sometimes from your accountant or bookkeeper, from an agent and sometimes from your Au Pair. Belgian authorities have the right to inspect the data of you and your Au Pair in the context of the laws and regulations of the Au Pair program and the duty of care of House o Orange Au Pairs Belgium. You and your Au Pair give us permission for this. You can upload your data in a secure environment developed for this purpose.
- In the context of a Search and Matching via our full-service department, we share the following information with our agents abroad and with regard to potential Au Pair candidates;
- Your approved profile (based on the intake interview with House o Orange Au Pairs Belgium, including your names, ages, place of residence, work situation, hobbies and interests and photos).
- When you wish to contact an Au Pair or as an Au Pair wish to contact a host family, we will provide your contact details, such as your (skype) address, email address or telephone numbers;
- We have entered contracts with our agents in “third countries” that stipulate the careful handling of the information received. Agents use your information for candidate searches, screening, matching and at a later stage as part of the visa process. We ask you and potential Au Pair candidates to carefully handle the information received by means of a consent form and to use it only in the context of “the match”. You have the right to withdraw this consent.
- As soon as the (visa) procedure is started, we will share the following information/documents from you with your host family/Au Pair:
- Work schedule
- Au pair – Host family agreement
- Au pair awareness declaration
- Placement confirmation
- Our servers of our website and our back-office system are located in the Netherlands.
- De Microsoft Office 365 servers run at locations in the Netherlands.
- Our portal Hanover runs in the U.K.
We do not sell your information and apart from what is described here, we do not share your information.
In many cases it will be necessary to pass on your data such as your profile and photos to recipients outside the European Economic Area (EEA). We do this very carefully and use a secure environment for this. Your financial information will never be shared outside the EEA. The same privacy rules apply outside the EEA.
How do we ensure that your data is safe with us?
Our website and back-office system are well secured and we always take measures to prevent misuse of your data. Our employees have also received clear instructions on how to handle your data.
We are extra careful with sensitive data
By sensitive data we mean, for example:
- Citizen Service Number (BSN)
- Financial and Banking Information
- Passport and ID’s
- Name and address details, telephone number and email address
- Information about minors
- Photos and personal information
How long do we keep your data?
We store your data in accordance with our legal obligations. A retention obligation of 7 years applies to the Tax and Customs Administration. We will then delete your data.
Privacy Rules and Laws
We adhere to the laws and regulations for privacy. Among other things:
- The General Data Protection Regulation
- The General Data Protection Regulation Implementation Act
You can view or change much of your information on our website. Your rights are regulated by law. You may:
- View your data with us via “our portal”
- Your details will change if they are incorrect, via “our portal”
- Have your data (partly) deleted if you are no longer a customer with us
- It often happens that we cannot delete your data, for example because we still need your data or to comply with a law. We will always inform you in writing about this and delete your data as soon as legally possible.
You are entitled to object free of charge to the processing of your personal data aimed at marketing.
Please let us know if you wish to exercise your rights
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a copy of your passport or ID card. Would you please make your Citizen Service Number and passport photo illegible? We will respond within 14 days of receiving your email.
Do you have a question, tip, or complaint?
Send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to:
House o Orange Au Pairs Belgium
De Loock 22
2970 Schilde, Belgium
We will respond to your letter within 14 days of receipt.
What if we can’t work it out together?
You can submit your complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
We can change this privacy statement
This is allowed, for example, if something changes in the laws or regulations or if we develop new products or services. You will always find the latest version on our website. This version is dated April 30, 2021.